Recently, several people have asked me for ways to get more people to like their Facebook business page. Here are a few thoughts that popped into my head:
(1) Create and implement a content plan that includes daily status updates, including in the evening/possibly use HootSuite to time delay. Analyze your fan base. Provide content of value to followers; not just marketing stuff bragging about yourself.
(2) Do a targeted Facebook ad – target your geographic area, use keywords relevant to your business strategy, use logo and link to FB page. Can do daily per-click budget ($10 or $20 per day) for limited duration.
(3) Partner with other organizations and key influencers (Example: top local fitness blogger.)
(4) Integrate with traditional PR/marketing – newsletter, media coverage, events, etc.
I posted the list on Facebook — of course — and invited others to add. Matthew Dooley of Cincinnati offered these:
(5) Run a contest or give-away (using a third-party app)
(6) Tag other pages in your posts (when relevant). Like and comment on their posts.
(7) Create a landing tab for non-fans.
(8) Use multi-media (photos, videos) to stand out in the news feed.
(9) Ask fans to comment on and like your posts. Like-if, would you rather, and fill in the blanks.
(10) Post stuff people care about, not just you and your product/service.
Please offer your additions in the comments. Maybe you’ll win a prize. :-)